What is a phone or SMS spy app? Well, this is basically a mobile spy tool or software that can remotely monitor the activities of another mobile device and can spy on text messages. It silently monitors and collects data from the targeted phone and relays the information straight to your device or account. Some cell phone spy apps can collect text messages, call logs, emails, pictures, and even videos then relay them to your account or device. Some have advanced features such as the ability to locate the targeted user by GPS and even give you a history log of GPS locations the person visited. The apps provide you with an effective and accurate way of spying on text messages and other cell phone activities like a boss.(spoiler) You can use iSpy to spy on texts online.
Most of the phone spy apps on the market today can do a lot of other things besides monitoring text messages. They can monitor WhatsApp, Facebook, and Snapchat instant messaging, provide you with accurate GPS tracking, remotely activate camera and microphone of the targeted smartphone, and even block inbound calls. The features depend on the type and method you use to spy on the other phone.
Benefits of Using Phone Spy Apps
There are many reasons why you’d want to spy on the activities of another phone. For instance, you could be a concerned parent who wants to stay updated on your child’s smartphone usage. Parenting is not an easy task especially if you have wild teenagers in the house. You may want to know who they are talking or texting with as well as their other online activities. As someone said, better be safe than sorry.
The phone spying apps are also useful to employers who want to keep track of their employees’ activities during work hours. As an employer, you’ll need to track delivery trucks, work productivity, and your employees’ online messages. You may be dealing with sensitive industry data that you’d want to keep safe from competitors. The SMS spy app will help to detect any leakage of company data by employees.
If you suspect your spouse or partner of infidelity, you could use a phone spy app to track their activities and confirm your suspicions. The app will track their text messages, calls, and even their location history via GPS. There are many other uses of phone spy apps. You could even use it to pull a prank on close friends just for fun. Let’s look at some of the most popular phone spy methods.
Method 1: Online Free Spy Tools
This is by far the easiest, fastest, and free phone spying method. One of the popular online spy tools so far is iSpy. You can use it free of charge and it is extremely easy to use, which is one of the reasons why it is quite popular.
All you need to track and monitor text messages and other phone activities of the targeted phone is simply to access the tool from the iSpy website and insert the telephone number you want to track. That’s all.
However, to avoid abuse of the system by bots and other automated devices, most online spy tools, including iSpy, have an anti-bot system that will usually ask you to install a free app (ad?) as a way of verifying yourself. Once you have installed the app, you can use the online phone spy tool free of charge.
Pros and Cons of Online Free Spy Tools
- It is free. You’ll not be charged anything to use the tool.
- It works instantly. You start getting data from the other phone as soon as you connect it.
- It is online-based so you don’t have to install anything on the phone you want to spy on.
- It comes with an anti-bot system that asks you to install a free app (usually it is an ad app) to get it to work.
- It does not provide as much information as paid offline apps do. Or sometimes may not provide it at all.
Method 2: Paid Offline Spy Apps
Paid offline phone spying apps give you access to the targeted person’s smartphone data without restrictions. The most popular apps in this category are TheTruthSpy and Copy9. These are paid apps with a monthly subscription cost of around $25 per month. The good thing about them is that they can spy on other messaging platforms besides SMS, such as WhatsApp chats, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Line, Viber, and many more.
They can even listen to the person’s surroundings and provide you with the person’s audio background. You can easily tell whether your child is in class or at a club when you have the app installed in his or her phone. The app sends all the data collected to your Copy9 or TheTruthSpy account.
Some of the key features of paid offline phone spy apps include:
- Ability to view call log details including who called, missed calls, and the time and date of each call.
- Read text messages received by the victim. You can view all the sent, received, and even deleted SMS on the victim’s phone.
- GPS tracking that can track the person’s exact location. You can even see the person’s location history logs.
- The apps can record calls and listen to the surroundings too. You can listen and even record all the inbound and outbound calls to know what the person is up to and who they are talking with.
- Track the person’s online activities including the websites visited. With the paid offline app you’ll know which websites your child visits or where your employees like to visit more often using the company’s bandwidth.
- Check and view the person’s photos, videos, and other multimedia files remotely.
But are quite easy to use then.
Copy9 and TheTruthSpy have special tutorials specially created to guide you in the app’s usage. They are also compatible with most Android and old iOS devices (don’t know why, but these app don’t work on the new iPhones and iPads).
Pros and Cons of Paid Offline Phone Spying Apps
- They are great for parental control and monitoring of a child’s online and offline activities.
- Have more features than online phone spying tools.
- Can access other messaging platforms such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Facebook and Kik.
- Provide GPS location logs
- Can listen and record calls
- It only works if you have physical access to the targeted phone. You’ll need to get the phone in your hands first and go through some complicated procedure to install and activate the app.
- It comes with a monthly fee of around $25.
- It doesn’t work in the latest iOS versions. It only works on iPhone 5 and lower versions.
Why don’t you just borrow or steal that phone for a few minutes and check everything manually?
These offline phone spy apps are quite effective but are costly in the long run. They often require complicated procedures to install and activate every time you want to spy on a phone. You could save yourself some cash and time each day simply by finding a way to get the targeted phone in stealth mode for around 5 minutes and checking everything you want to see. If you can get time to install and activate the app on the phone, then you can just as easily “borrow” it for a few minutes and see everything worth checking free of charge!
Disclaimer: It is a joke, never steal or “borrow” other people phones lol
Our choice would be to pay for some legit pro spy app.Share this info with your friends!Click To Tweet